Months after she invited us, my friend Callie and I frantically searched for the perfect dresses to wear on the red carpet. I had to find the perfect outfit, since I would be walking the same magical carpet with some of my favorite artists in the world. After a few too many shopping trips and too much money spent, we were ready for the best weekend ever.
We landed in L.A. and immediately were whisked to some chic restaurant where the lights were a tad too dim and the music made it impossible to hear your own thoughts. But, it was sooo L.A. and I definitely wasn't complaining. The next few days were filled with fancy brunches at the Polo Lounge, shopping on Rodeo Drive and taking serious advantage of the sweet treats at Sprinkles and Pink Berry.
Then, the special day was upon us. It was Grammy time. After too many hours spent dealing with hair and makeup, we arrived at the Grammys. As soon as we started walking, I immediately saw Paris Hilton, Ryan Seacrest, Cee Lo Green and many others. I have to admit, I was star struck. The night only got better with the actual performances and the after party.
Obviously the concerts were amazing, but one of my favorite parts was the fashion on the red carpet. Many of the gowns were breathtaking, some were outrageous and eccentric (think Nicki Minaj), and others were definitely worthy of being on the "worst dressed" list. I noticed that each celebrity's attire represented the type of artist and character they portray, or want to portray, to the world. Each dress, whether short or long, was different. The colors, the cut, the length and the designer of the dress all played a part in creating the celebrity's look. Even the men looked dapper in their suits and their clothing reflected their personal style and who they are as an artist. The diversity of the fashions prompted me to wonder more about the detail that goes into each artist's red carpet look.
Here are a few of the noteworthy outfits that graced the red carpet at the 2012 Grammys:
The Award for Classiest Female outfit goes to...Adele
Photo from: www.eonline.com/grammys/adele
The Award for Most Daring Outfit goes to...Sash Gradiva
Photos from: www.googleimages/sashagradiva/grammys
Although we might not know who Sasha is, we know that her dress made a statement. Her rose colored gown was adorned with a machine gun which showed the world that she wanted to made a statement.
The Award for Most Refreshing Outfit goes to...Taylor Swift
Photo from: www.eonline.com/grammys/taylorswift
Normally dressed in a fairy-tale like princess gown, Taylor Swift looked sophisticated and demure in a gold gown by Zuhair Murad. The back was complete with dramatic cut-outs. Swift opted to show the world that she has grown up from her previous looks.
The Red Haute Award for Most Original Outfit goes to...Deadmau5
Photo from: www.www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/grammys
Deadmau5 strolled the red carpet wearing his traditional mouse head gear and with a t-shirt that displayed dubstep DJ Skrillex's phone number. The digits appeared above the text "u mad bro?" but fortunately Skrillex just laughed it off. Deadmau5 stuck to his relaxed DJ persona with his jeans and tennis shoes. It's safe to say no one else copied his look.
The Award for Best Dressed Male goes to... Bruno Mars
Photo from: www.eonline/grammys/brunomars
Photo taken on the red carpet with my phone
Attending the Grammys was an amazing experience that I'll never forget! Most of the clothes we saw were even more gorgeous (and sometimes ugly) in person. If only I could have attended the Oscars just in time for the next post...






No comments:
Post a Comment